Mar 2, 2008

Centered

There is a certain comfort in the knowledge that "life is filled with disappointment." If you anticipate the sorrow life is sure to bring to you, the joys and small gifts of happiness are accentuated that much further. I don't think preemptive warning should spark fear either. Sadness has taught me lessons and pushed me forward in developing into more of who I am.

I have had a few disturbing interactions w/ people close to me this past week. One confirmed that I am still learning to read people's true intentions. The other served as a sad, poignant reminder that even people close to me are shine stealers who, at times, have trouble rising above their own misery to celebrate the happiness of others.

"When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better, too." Paulo Coelho

No comments: