We started Friday with an unwinder at Boka, inside Hotel 1000, where they stayed this weekend. After a Ginger Thai martini we cabbed it to Post Alley's Campagne Restaurant.
- Began dinner with a petit profiterole and a Grey Goose and tonic.
- Starter course was Butter lettuce, watercress and herbs in verjus (lemon) vinaigrette with salt-cured mackerel
- The margret de canard (pan-roasted brined Moulard duck breast with glazed carrots and orange gastrique) was delicious, a thin layer of duck fat domed the slices of duck breast, which were cooked more toward the rare side to keep it tender and juicy.
- Dessert was the gateau au choclate... good but not so much as the fig cake Scoop chose.
After a breakfast at Boka Saturday morning, Karen and I indulged in the best form of therapy available: retail! I found my interview top at Cache' and we both found new workout shoes at Niketown. Scoop had work to do so met up with us for lunch at P.F. Changs, where I ran into a friend from my GRCC leadership program I hadnt seen in years. What a fun suprise! Afterwards we were off again, this time in search of luggage and suits. We dropped off many bags and went to Pike Place for a quick trip around the loop.
Sightseeing had us a bit tired so we stopped by Boka and did happy hour while attempting to overcome our indecisiveness. My Frasier cocktail (b & b, hangar 1 frasier river raspberry vodka, lemon juice, bitters) was great and helped grease the wheels of creativity to decide on Il Bistro. Our concierge called for reservations and we were off!
- To begin: Antipasto Misto
- Starter: A very enjoyable Spinachi – Organic Baby Spinach, Pancetta, Pears & Cambozola with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Main pasta: Buccatini – Pancetta with Cream Sauce, topped with a fresh egg yolk
- Finish – We shared the: Torta Cioccolato Flourless Chocolate (Espresso Tort with Raspberry Coulis & Fresh Cream), Panna Cotta (Frangelico-Vanilla Bean Crème Caramel with Burnt Sugar and Seasonal Fresh Fruit) and Torta Mascarpone )Italian cheesecake with an almond biscotti crust & a Lemon)
Sunday we drove to Kent and had brunch with my mom and dad. Scoop took a great picture, which is below.