Aug 25, 2007

Showtime

Pace at work has increased somewhat. I really, really enjoy what I do. There is a certain amount of security provided too, having a supervisor who is supportive, provides mentoring and has my figurative "back" when inner-org issues arise. I feel semi-grownup when I realize this might be the makings of an identified career path. My sister has known since elementary school "what she wanted to be when she grew up," and she is a damn good stylist. Keeping a p.m.a. (positive mental attitude) on finding my interest eventually, and continuing to strive to be the best at whatever I was doing in the meantime, has been an influence in all of this.

Right now I am in a "show me" stage; meaning that I am placing a lot of effort, time and priority to my career. Establishing my ability and credibility is paramount to me. I learned growing up that working hard, being honest and doing what your instincts tell you is right (regardless of what others might expect from you,) is what ultimately means the most. I'm blessed to be where I am, and I commit to safeguard against doing anything that might mess up where I've worked towards thus far.

No comments: